Tuesday 6 August 2024

RPGaDay: Day Seven: RPG with 'Good Form' - my Mulligan

Day Seven: RPG with Good Form? 

I struggled to understand what this means. To me it suggests well played sporting behaviour, avoiding anything that's just not cricket.

Given that I'm pretty sure that's not what is intended, I'm taking the suggested mulligan, RPG anecdote.

This isn't my best RPG anecdote, but too many require context (wolves on the bus), are over long (Dervish Dungeons 1, 2, 3 etc), or aren't suitable for public dissemination (that time with that gnome in that bar).

So this happened back in the seventies. The party were in a protracted melee with a bunch of orcs in the dungeon. My dwarf thief wanted to shoot at them, being a) pretty good with a short bow, and b) unwilling to get close to the orcs with their nasty, pointy weapons.

Me can I shoot them?
DM no, they're in combat 
Me but I'm behind them 
DM you can't shoot into melee 
Me but Legolas does it in the film (the cartoon, recently released)
DM (with no sense of irony) that's just fantasy.

Well, it amused us, I guess you had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment