Saturday 19 May 2018

Scythian Cavalry part 3 (and a new toy)

I finished the next couple of troops of Scythians earlier this week, but I have held off showing them as I was expecting a new toy; a small fold up light box (complete with LED strip) in the hopes that I could improve my photography.  It arrived today, so I have been experimenting and have the results of the first test pictures.
A troop of Scythian Horse Archers.



The hope was that the lighting would be better.  I think there is some improvement, but I will play around with extra lighting (I still have some LED lamps from my previous set up,which was a converted cardboard box.  One thing the new light box has is it folds up into a small bag, very easy to store.

The miniatures are once again from my old army, so just needed some repair work to the old paint jobs, plus a bit more detail adding. 
I'll post the other completed unit soon.  I was more interested in trying out the new light box.

I only need one more troop to complete the 'Clash' force, plus the hero to lead them.  These will be started from scratch though, so might take a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, not too sure about your new toy, the light does not seem bright enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not as bright I had hoped, but I can add to that. The direction of the light is better though, it seems to avoid the harsh shadows I got previously unless I really turned down the illumination (hence the old pictures were too dark)

      Delete