Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Season of Scenery 26 Roundup

Just a quick post to show my final entry in Dave Stone's Season of Scenery challenge 2026.
I'll witter on a bit more about the build in another post, but briefly, here's another Oldhammer building; the dairy from the Bogle's Farm in Terror of the Lichemaster. I started it last year, alongside collecting and painting minis for the scenario pack but it languished part built for many months.

The building has a timbered lean-to on the left side.  The upper section of the main building is timbered with an opening over the doors
The Dairy or is it a barn?

The lower walls are off white, probably daub covering a timber frame.  A window pierces the main section.  Two barrels stand behind the wooden lean-to
The rear of the dairy

The right hand side wall is plain, good view of the clay tiled roof though
Blank wall

And as a bonus, here's Fritzy's Kennel from the same scenario, also started last year and finished for the challenge.

Wooden built kennel with plank roof
Beware of the Dog!

The planks are a greyish colour as they have weathered.  No brown wood here.
Rear view

Challenge Summary 
A pretty good challenge for me this year. I built an extensive set of role-playing terrain for the Masterforge quest.

 
Four levels of dwarven forge
The Masterforge Assembled

I also got a bit of scatter terrain done using some old resin chess pieces.

 
Standing stones with 'Celtic' patterns and broken statue of a warrior
The Standing Stones

And, of course, I finished off the dairy shown above.

It's been a lot of fun, and certainly spurred me on to finish stuff. The D&D terrain would have been built anyway for the game, but the standing stones were a direct response to the challenge, and finishing the dairy was also motivated by me wanting to get something else finished in time.

Mind you, I might have got more done if I'd not been distracted by the Wildspire stuff.

Thanks Dave for organising all this. It's certainly helped me expand my scenery collection.
See you on December 26 th for the next challenge?

2 comments:

  1. Well the dairy is a tremendous model, well built and super painting. Can't wait to see it on a gaming table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I enjoyed finishing it, and it's one more building for my scenery collection.

      Delete

Season of Scenery 26 Roundup

Just a quick post to show my final entry in Dave Stone's Season of Scenery challenge 2026 . I'll witter on a bit more about the buil...