Thursday, 1 October 2026

October 26: Two Overly Ambitious Kings of War Projects

**WARNING: this post contains images of miniatures that have not been kept in the best condition. Readers who care properly for their armies might find this disturbing **

With the Season of Scenery over, and having painted (nearly) all the Wildspire Miniatures set, I thought it was time to do something for October. 

Last year I started painting Old School Undead, and I've still got a load more to finish.  But the Winds of Gaming have shifted firmly towards Kings of War. So Orctober sounds like a great idea. 

For this project I'm going to look at my original orc army. Repair where necessary or possible, maybe touch up some of the painting, and rebase things more in line with my current methods.
I may add to it, but the intention is to, first and foremost, sort out what's already painted.

I'll do a separate post looking in detail at the army, but here's a picture of what I've got and an indication of what I might need to do. 

Five RUBs with assorted painted orcs.
Most of my painted orcs (with a rogue unit of dwarves)

And if that's not enough to do, Boưvoc and I have both started new armies, so we're urging each other on in a vague sort of slow-gro contest. I've only just begun, one mini painted so far, but here's a clue; it's my Ogtober project. 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your Orc army get a new lease of life, and the start of your new project too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      First job is to go through the old orcs and see exactly what I've got.

      Delete

October 26: Two Overly Ambitious Kings of War Projects

**WARNING: this post contains images of miniatures that have not been kept in the best condition. Readers who care properly for their armies...