Tuesday 7 August 2018

Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?

As I mentioned earlier, we are trying a series of different games throughout August.  Last week we tried the Savage Worlds Test Drive 'The Wild Hunt'.  It went well, although the amount of story to get through was a bit ambitious for a two hour session (I suspect it is designed for a four hour convention slot), but with a bit of editing it fitted and everyone had fun.

Last night we played Cthulhu Wars, T'Other One's massive board game.  I have played a couple of times before, but this was the first time I had played it with five players (self included), and my first time with Hastur/The King in Yellow.

That's a lot of monsters (and Great Old Ones)

By the end of the game just about everything was on the board.

Ultimately we had to rush the ending, though we did get a result.  I won, though if we had had more time to finish up properly I suspect that either Shub Niggurath or Nyarlathotep would have beaten me.
Good fun though.

Next week Frostgrave.

1 comment:

  1. There is certainly some weird looking figures on that board!o

    ReplyDelete