Tuesday 28 May 2024

A Goal for my Orcs

Collecting Random Orcs
It won't have escaped notice that I've been painting and collecting orcs recently. Some of these are minis that somehow escaped the purges by lurking in the bottom of boxes or, in at least one case, behind books on a shelf. 
Quite a few are swaps and I've also bought off various Facebook sites and even evilbay (with very strict spending limits).

But until recently this collecting has been random. Simply stuff I've seen that took my fancy or that reminds me of my old WFB orc army (though better painted), and I've really enjoyed collecting and painting them, even if it was in a rather aimless way.

Now I've got a goal to aim for.

Collecting Orcs with a Purpose
I suppose this project has always been in the back of my mind, but there are quite a few specific minis that work well for it, and I'd given up hope of ever owning them (I did sell off quite a few years ago, much to my regret now).

But then I recently got these two for a very reasonable price from a Facebook group.

 

The next day I found this on evilbay and put in a cheeky offer, which was accepted.


I've even got this chap, a purge survivor.

So suddenly I've got a good number of the specific minis, though, sadly, not the one unique (and very expensive) orc mini; I'll have to improvise for him.

But What?
Can you tell where this is heading, if you catch my drift?

2 comments:

  1. Not sure where you are heading with these, I can hazard a guess at McDeath?

    ReplyDelete