Tuesday 26 February 2019

Kingdoms of Men Reinforcements - Part three, Highlights

Last time the handgunners were basecoated, now they have their highlights done and are just waiting for everything to dry before washing.


Twenty highlighted handgunners

Since I plan on giving them an Army Painter Strongtone wash I picked light or bright colours for the highlights, the yellow was VGC Moon Yellow and the red was VGC Bloody Red.  Other colours were similarly pale highlights, there is quite a lot of VGC Off White on the linen areas, greys, blues and greens were chosen for the other bits of fabric, hats etc.  Skin areas were highlighted with VGC Pale Flesh.
Looking a little dull without the flash.

 Once everything was dry I gave the breastplate that one of the poses is wearing a black wash, along with the barrel of the gun on all models.
Finally I used VGC Bright Bronze to edge the breastplate and gave a couple of details on the gun a bronze colour, then the match (where present) was painted in Off White and all done.

One each of the different poses

Looking at them now I think they would stand up to the 'two foot rule' (does it look good at two foot distance, i.e. when placed on the table?) My initial plan was to wash them, but I think I'll do one test model first.


No comments:

Post a Comment