Thursday, 10 September 2015

Wizard Statue

While I wait for some undercoat for Crooknose and his palls, here's a little bit of Frostgrave for you.

I found this at the local second hand market the other day and thought it wold be great as a Frostgrave statue.  For only 50p its worth experimenting.  The broken hand isn't  a problem, I'm sure a statue wouldn't survive unscathed, in fact I may add a bit more weathering before I paint it.



I have made a plinth out of pink foam, I just need to find some MDF for a base then pin everything in place and get painting.

I have also been experimenting with carving stonework on pink foam to see how effective it is for ruined walls.  I like my fold flat stuff, but I would like something a bit more bulky for home use as well.  Still not sure how well I like it, but I will post some results on here when I have got a bit further on.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing that stonework :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't be going all out on snow textures as I want the terrain to be as multi use as possible. The stonework is inspired by some old G.W. LotR terrain, Arnor I think.
    Still not quite there with it yet though, so you will have to wait for pictures until I have something I am really happy with.

    ReplyDelete

Wildspire Miniatures Gas Serpent, Imp Hulk, Unholy Knight

Another batch of three different sculpts, and we're nearing the end of the set. Eleven more minis   Gas serpent There are on...