Wednesday 24 July 2024

Orc Villager (0508) Orc Vivandiere*

Just a quick post to show my latest eBay purchase, this delightful orc villager sculpted by the talented Trish Carden.

Looks like meat's back on the menu


There were three orc villagers that I was interested in, but I missed out on the other two. That meant I felt I could go a little higher for this lovely lady.
She's missing her tab, and I'll definitely be giving her a new paint job (she's in the Dettol already), but I'm very pleased to add her to my Oldhammer orcs.

I'm starting to get a collection of the Orc villagers. They make great unit fillers. My Severed Hand orcs are mostly in units or multiples of ten, so the villagers are great to bump a unit up to twelve for Dragon Rampant. They'll also make good 'baggage', should that be relevant (it was a thing in third edition Warhammer).

In case you can't make out what's happening from my quick snaps, the orc is carrying a halfling under her arm. The halfling is desperately kicking his legs, while she waves a cleaver. I'll leave it to your imagination what happens next.

*The title Orc Vivandier is mine, Lost Minis Wiki just has her down as an orc villager.

2 comments:

  1. She will be a very useful addition to your orc collection, usefl in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I'm sure she'll be popular, especially carrying that halfling.

      Delete