Saturday 2 December 2023

Recon Haul

I had a fun look round Recon, the early December Wargaming show in Pudsey. Previously it was run by the Wakefield and District Wargames Club. Now The Pit Gaming Shop runs it. I'm not sure what difference this makes, though I noticed that some of the regular traders were absent.

I went with a very clear list of wants; 6mm scenery for my Fantastic Battles dwarves to fight over, the latest Clash of Kings book, and a pack (or two) of Reaper Bones ghouls/ghasts for my D&D collection.

Well, best laid plans and all that. Still, I came away with some nice Oldhammer stuff, something for the 10mm Fantastic Battles in Middle Earth collection and my son got a great piece of roleplaying scenery.

The classic Citadel Skullchucker, it even includes the pile of skulls, an often lost component


Beast of Nurgle, sadly missing one leg

The Eagles are coming!  10mm 3D prints from Explode the minis

Lovely stagecoach for D&D, and also ideal as an objective for many skirmish games

It was also great to catch up with various gaming friends, and I admired some great looking games.  This Aliens game was probably the best looking, complete with dropship!


In all, a great show, and I had lots of fun.  I bought a realistic amount of stuff for painting, and got some nice out of production minis.

Final regrets?  A couple.  I could have got a classic dwarf organ gun, though it was missing a couple of parts.  It was more expensive than the Skullchucker, and I already have a war machine for Team Good in my Oldhammer project, albeit for elves.  There was also a pack of Black Tree Design orc boar riders, quite Oldhammer in style, but these are not hard to get hold of, and it was the Beast of Nurgle or them.

No comments:

Post a Comment