Wednesday 13 October 2021

Orctober - 10mm Mordor Army Progress

I've progressed well with my Copplestone Castings Mordor minis, begun here. Currently they are waiting for the shade wash to dry; there are a few little details and highlights to pick out, then its on to the varnishing stage.  I have the pleasurable job of painting around 70 red eyes on shields; I prefer to do this after the gloss varnish, I find it gives a better surface for painting symbols and emblems.  


The whole Mordor force so far


Orc command strip


Mordor trolls, lovely minis.  I'm not sure which flesh colour I prefer.


Warg riders and a lone warg

I'm very happy with how they all look.  I'm still going to drybrush a lighter brown on the wargs, and there are a few skulls and teeth on the trolls that could do with a highlight too, but the finishing line is definitely in sight.

You can see the finished army here.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work, can't wait to see these finished and on the gaming table. As for your trolls, I like the mix/variety of flesh colours on them. Enjoy painting the shields, then add a banner too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm quite a fan of mixed skin tones within an army.
      I've one banner, but I'll get some more. I could easily add flags to the pole armed orc as well.

      Delete