Wednesday 5 May 2021

Does Combatzone Terrain Work for 20mm?

Yesterday I posted my first couple of Combatzone scatter terrain. This stuff is designed to be used in games of Star Wars Legion, a game which uses larger figures than the old WotC minis I'm using, so they are already on the large side.
Bodvoc asked in the comments if they'd work with our 20mm minis. It's not something I'd considered, but I thought it was worth looking at.

20mm Star Wars minis with Combatzone terrain

So there we go. Nothing inherently wrong with the crates, the barrel does look a bit on the large side but the pillar could be any size so that's fine.
I'm less keen on the Moisture Vaporator, though perhaps it's a larger industrial sized device?

The good thing is that the items are very 'Star Wars-y', I'm not quite happy with the scale, but I'd certainly put them on a table if I was short of terrain.
More relevant for me, I'll probably use them as inspiration for scatter terrain I build myself. I've already done some crates (with the grooves diagonal rather than straight, as in these examples), and I'll do more in the near future. 

Please leave a comment with your opinion below.

3 comments:

  1. Most of the terrain would fit fine with the 20mm. The vaporator is large but could maybe be a target; one side has to protect it, the other side has to blow it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would make a good objective.
      I still think they'll make more appearances in 28mm, but I don't mind them in the smaller scale. I'll look through the rest of the stuff and see how it looks.

      Delete