Thursday 7 January 2021

Palette Cleanser

I mentioned in my goals for this year that I'm planning to paint random Reaper Bones minis between other projects. I had planned on calling these The Random Reaper Bones Initiative, but since its past time I cleaned my palette, and hopefully it'll refresh me for other projects, I'm going with Palette Cleanser (and apologies for the bad pun).

The reason for this little diversion is partly to help me get back into painting things other than the next project/game/RPG session; I'm painting something for the joy of painting, not for any other purpose. 
Also partly to reduce the huge amount of unpainted or part painted stuff I have. 
I'll take the opportunity to practice new painting techniques as well from time to time. I will be painting just one mini in each 'Palette Cleanser' hopefully between each larger project. The minis will be drawn pretty much at random, though if they are part of a grouping I may put the mini to one side, or perhaps the rest of the group could be the next project, the palette cleanser then becomes a test paint, (though this is very much an incidental bonus rather than the plan). 
 Its probably not all going to be Reaper Bones, but that seems a good place to start, especially as Bones V should be delivering later this year, and there are rumours of Bones VI launching before the year is out. I've already begun the first of these, I'll use the blog to log the paints used and I post the results once finished.

EDIT: Looking back from April I'll slightly revise the goals.  I'm including small groups of minis in this if they are part painted and need finishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment