Tuesday 23 June 2020

Fighting Apathy - 4 - Mantic Kings of War Orc Ax

Continuing to try to keep this a manageable project, the next job was half the regiment of orc ax.  With the skulks I found 8 to be a very doable chunk, so I built up 8 orc ax, including the command, while the gloss varnish was drying on the skulks.

The orcs themselves were straightforward to paint, following my usual system and keeping pretty much to the colours I chose for the skulks.

Whilst the first eight ax were drying from the shade wash I assembled the next eight.  These were then painted while the gloss varnish dried on the first lot.  Once everything was at the gloss stage I added eyes and a skull on the shields.

In the pictures below the minis on the square bases are from the first lot, the ones without are from the second batch. Everything gets based at the end as I'm experimenting with something.



I also managed to assemble a Krudger and the trolls while this lot was drying.  Working to a system like this has helped me plod on through the project. Now I've got a troop and a regiment done, bar basing, and am well on the way with the next lot of stuff.

EDIT You can finally see them based up here.

4 comments:

  1. Top painting young man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've really enjoyed painting these.

      Delete
  2. it's going to be interesting to see what you're ultimately doing with the basing... -The Other One

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few ideas I need to test, some to see how practical they are and some to see if I like the look. That's partly why I'm waiting until the army is finished before basing, though I have been cutting MDF in preparation.

      Delete