Wednesday 10 June 2020

Fighting Apathy 2 - Thinking Outside the Box

Last week's ruined walls really helped me, partly because it was a quick project that gave results, and the ruins will be useful for several different games.

I was still finding it difficult to actually sit down and complete any of my current ongoing projects. The five box system works well under normal circumstances, but these are not normal times.  Now I'm finding the thought of going back to any of the boxes puts me off the idea of doing anything. Everything seems to be part of a huge project that, in my mind, and at my current pace, I'll never finish. What should be a helpful guide has become a suffocating straitjacket.

My little diversion with the ruins recently helped. It showed me I could still do short projects and that perhaps something different might help.

So I'm going to try just that. Something small(ish) and a break from the five boxes. In fact I wonder if I've let the boxes get out of hand with just too much in each that they rarely got emptied.

I'm not sure yet how long this will last (or indeed how long I can sustain my enthusiasm) but I'll show you how I'm getting on tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Short, achievable projects can be a real boost with a sense of getting something done. I have a few mind for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am, so far, finding it much better to do very small projects.

      Delete