Friday 1 June 2018

Scythian Cavalry part 5

At last, I've finished the minis I need for a Clash force for our small scale KoWH variant.  Here's the last troop, actually the second half of the cavalry regiment, and the hero who leads the force.




This troop can be fielded as a Troop, but the intention is to place it behind the troop I did here to make the mandatory regiment for a Clash force.  I only used four minis here, I wanted to easily differentiate between the different cavalry units, since the Scythians will have quite a few different types.  So heavy cavalry have five minis to a troop base, cavalry have four and light cavalry and horse archers have three.  (I based up the first cavalry base before deciding this).


The Scythian leader.  For Clash games he is the standard Hero with a mount, but in larger battles I can upgrade him.

I have a couple more units ready to varnish and base up, but this is the minimum I need to play, and it will form the core of my larger KoWH Scythian army.  Its going to appear on the table top as a Varangur force in KoW as well.

All the minis in this army so far are by Falcon Figures UK (which is now US based).  I really liked them when I got them, over 20 years ago.  I guess they don't stand up that well today, compare them with the War and Empire Forged in Battle minis or Xyston for instance; and what is it with the tiny horse heads on some of the minis?  Still, they have a certain charm, and certainly a great variety of pose and equipment.

4 comments:

  1. I like the boss man, looks like he is command, we shall enjoy taking his head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think. I'm sure he'll lead you a merry dance if you try.

      Delete
  2. Zoom in a bit more so we can better see your good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try and get some better photos done.

      Delete