Sunday 3 June 2018

More Hobgoblins

Just a quick post to show some more Reaper Bones Hobgoblins.  I have just finished four more of the basic trooper types.


Two are pretty much the same as the ones I painted here, but the two above have had their weapons swapped.  This was pretty easy to do, 'Bonsium' cuts easily, and glues with superglue.  If I were being more meticulous about it I would have done something about the scabbard, shields and quivers on the back; as it is, the female has a second small shield on her back, and the male has a second bow.  For ordinary grunts this doesn't bother me too much, but next time I might try and fix it somehow.

So now I have eight finished hobgoblins, two leader types and six grunts.  That will do for now (I think 6 is the maximum I need for the Lost Mine starter set adventure), but I'll come back to them when I next dive into my big box of unpainted Bones.  It would be nice to have at least one 'wizardy' type, I might convert one of the spare leaders, or have a look at what I have left over from the WotC D&D prepaints.

2 comments:

  1. All of them as a group would make a good Blood Eagle warband?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do something like that, goblins as skirmishers in bands of 6, hobgoblins in 12s as light or heavy foot, or light missiles, and bugbears as reduced model count units, probably bellicose foot. Ogres for lesser warbeasts and a giant as a greater warbeast.
    Hmmm, I obviously need to paint more hobgoblins.

    ReplyDelete