Wednesday 4 August 2021

The First International Townscape Challenge

I had a mad idea a while ago (one of many), following on for the success of Bodvoc of The War Crow and my Terrain Building challenge last year, I thought how about another, but this time I invited Merijn from Another Wargaming Blog who graciously accepted.  We are each building one of the Warhammer Townscape models over August, and blogging our progress.  No prize, just the satisfaction of a challenge completed (hopefully).


I've chosen my building, the Tavern (no 25 in the pack) and I'm going to do a little bit of extension to it, so I might make a mock up first to see how it looks. 


This should be a noticeably bigger model than most of the buildings I've made in the past, it will be a nice centrepiece on the tabletop.

 

8 comments:

  1. Good choice of a building, should look very impressive on your gaming table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wanted something that would make a great centrepiece/objective. I hope I haven't been too ambitious though.

      Delete
  2. Excellent. Plenty of August left to work on this,I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm currently deciding how much to extend the original tavern.

      Delete
  3. Excellent choice of a building, can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm looking forward to doing it, it will be great to have something a bit more impressive than the several one storey buildings I already have.

      Delete
  4. All good adventures start in a tavern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. Now the tricky decision of a name. I'm tempted by one of the suggestions in Townscape. Slann in Space.

      Delete