Friday 20 March 2020

Star Saga Terminals

I've been steadily plodding through the Star Saga stuff and have just about finished the minis. I've nearly finished the Rangers, they are just waiting for their clear bases, and the Plague Victims are well on the way. In fact only the Plague Abomination still has no paint on it yet. But none of these are ready to show yet, so here's something else from Star Saga.

I moved the terminals ahead in the painting queue as in one of the missions they have specific letters to identify them and I thought it would be easiest to include the letters on the actual terminals.


 


There's not a lot to say about these. The off white was a base coat of Vallejo Wolf Grey with white highlights. The whole lot was given a wash with Vallejo Grey Wash. The screens were painted a mix of dark green and black (I tried both green and black and neither looked quite right). The displays were simply semi-random markings using Vallejo Glacier Blue, making sure a different letter was obvious one each screen. 

They were rather fun to paint, possibly as they were quite different from the 15mm Ogres and the Mordor minis I have been painting recently (another advantage of the five box system, I'm giving myself permission to change projects without feeling I'm abandoning something).


4 comments:

  1. They look great and are a very useful addition to your collection for a number of games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have a use in the latest Deadzone supplement,and they will look good in many other SF games

      Delete