Tuesday 3 March 2020

Kings of War, More 15mm Ogres

I've been steadily increasing my 15mm Ogre army for Kings of War. My motivation is the campaign that Merlin and I are playing. For the next battle my Ogres are assaulting his Goblins who are holed up in a stockade. I thought a unit of Siegebreakers would be ideal for this, so set about making some.


Unfortunately, one of the Red Goblins has been adding his own 'artistic touches' to the shields.


The Siegebreakers were a mix of minis from the two orc sets, indeed I have used one pose in the warriors with two handed weapons unit. I gave each ogre a more impressive weapon, using hammer heads from Mantic's dwarf Shieldbreakers. The big shields were made from thin plastic from Renedra bases with a wood grain scratched on the back and a hole drilled for where a handle would be. I used half round plastic beads from a craft shop for the shield bosses.
Two of the ogres are holding their hammers two handed, so I used goblins with spears to prop up their shields.
I had thought about painting some sort of symbol on the shields, but I couldn't think what design to use. The large black shields look rather plain, so I added a red goblin graffiti artist and some of his work to one of the units.

I've also done another hero, this time with a heavy crossbow. The crossbow is taken from Mantic's naiads sprue, and I think I might replace the unit I have already done with similar weapons.




I have now done, or have in progress, most of the different ogre units.

2 comments:

  1. We shall stab them with our spears and shoot them with our bows, we will grind them into the dust....or we may just run away!
    (well known goblin saying!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll just laugh from behind our big shields

      Delete