Saturday 5 January 2019

Empty Box!

I've just realised that I have an empty box!  The square box actually got emptied a while ago when I finished the mine and cave tiles.  I'd used it to clear stuff away into prior to the Christmas season, but it is for my purposes empty.

This means Trident Realms have a box.  I'm going to get a handful of the Naiads assembled, both as Heartpiercers and the Ensnarers.  I'll use them as experiments for colour scheme prior to starting my Kings of War regiments.  The single minis will do for Vanguard.  I'll need a Centurian as well, but I'll wait until I have a colour scheme I like first.
At the moment I am thinking of an off white for the armour, as I picture it as enchanted shell, and a turquoise for the flesh.  Metals should be bronze or copper or gold, so as not to rust in the water, some verdigris might look good though (and give a green for spot colours, though this might be too close to the flesh tones I will experiment with)
But first, assembly.


Four Naiads, assembled with wire pegs added so they can be pinned to bases, adn to make them easier to handle.  This is more important when I'm doing a unit with a separately built base.

1 comment:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with these, they are quite a different theme from Orcs.

    ReplyDelete