Thursday 25 January 2018

More Buildings

Here's the last of the main buildings from 'Bloodbath at Orc's Drift'.  This is the largest and most complicated of the builds.  It uses the techniques I practiced on the first two.

The construction is card again, with thinner card for the roof tiles and the wooden lean-to.

Pink foam for the chimney stack and thick paper for the wooden doors and hinges.

Walls textured with craft glue.

The timber beams have a much more complicated pattern than the first cottage. I tried to think how they would work as a frame supporting the house.





Here's the whole thing painted.  I'm pleased with the result, though I do intend to put them all on bases simply so miniatures don't look quite so large next to them.
I deliberately went for a much smaller size tile for the roof.  I wanted this to look like a better class of building.  This means fiddlier work, but I think it was worth it.

Now I have a wooden watchtower, a ruined cottage, a bridge and an outhouse to build and then the whole Orc's Drift scenery set will be done.  

After that?  Maybe McDeath, or possibly Terror of the Lichemaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment