It sort of reminds me of the SFX in The Mummy (not the original B&W version) with the face leering out of the sand.
| The Sand Creature |
| From the side |
| and the rear |
It's a WizKids Mage Knight Pyramid mini, and has long been part of my RPG collection, rebased from the 'clix' base onto a GW 40mm round. However, for the adventure I wanted it on a 50mm clear base, and the painting needed some attention too.
Mage Knight minis use colours to differentiate between different power levels of the same mini, and this had parts of it painted blue.
I painted over these bits with Vallejo Game Color Terra, then drybrushed with Vallejo Model Color Iraqi Sand and then gave the whole mini a drybrush of Pale Sand. Very easy.
It's certainly not the most spectacular mini I've ever done, but it did the job.
I'm slowly assembling quite a few elemental themed creatures, and while I've no immediate plans to use them, it's always good to have them.
Excellent looking sand creature, it has the right looking texture to it, and very much in the style of the Mummy. Always found with D&D that you needed a lot of monsters that didn't necessarily get a lot of game time.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
DeleteYou're absolutely right, I remember using a Volcano Dragon (a 4th edition creature) in an adventure. Only appeared once, and lasted about an hour (combats were slow back then).