Tuesday 21 February 2023

Lamps and AoS - Random Bits of News

I've recently found a couple of things for hobbyists to spend their money on;


Lidl are currently selling these daylight lamps for the reasonable price of £10, give or take a penny or two. I used to have a daylight lamp years ago until it broke, so I'm looking forward to using this new one. As I get older and my eyesight gets worse, I think I'll find it even more valuable for painting. 
If you want one you'd better hurry, they won't be available for long, and I suspect it's UK only.

The daylight lamp with obligatory 'for scale' minis

Now something of for less use to me. Hachette have launched another Games Workshop partwork for the Age of Sigmar game, Warhammer Stormbringer. It's not a game I play, but I might find something  of use.  This time they are covering a few different 'races'. For the Forces of Order are lots of the usual Sigmarines, plus Dwarves and what look like Tree-folk (dryads?) to my untrained eye.  The Forces of Destruction are mostly Orcs, but with some Night Goblins and a huge Giant.  There are also a few bits of terrain.  Everything is plastic, and from what I've seen, very nicely detailed.  The Sigmarines are much nicer than the earlier ones; they seem to have moved away from the Space Marines in Fantasy look that I felt the first lot had.  The Orcs are suitable big and fierce.  It all looks to be digitally sculpted, so there is a lot of detail.  
Now while I have no interest in collecting the set, I might get an occasional sprue of orcs and goblins.  Issue 2, which I believe is at a reduced price, is out soon, and includes ten orcs.  A nice start to a Dragon Rampant force?*
If you want to know more about what is in future issues, check out the updates on 
Fauxhammer (periodically updated to stay current).

* When the first of these AoS partworks was released I collected some of the Undead with the intention of using them in Dragon Rampant.  They are still in a box somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment