Sunday, 4 December 2016

Recon 2016

Recon has always been one of my favourite shows.  I remember on of the very early ones in a church hall in Headingley with about five stalls.  It's grown quite a bit since then.
I met good friend 'Merlin' there and we had a good look around.
There were some impressive demonstration and participation games going on.
This WWII game featured the Home Guard of Walmington-on-Sea.  The REdcar Ironbeards were responsible.



I've always admired these guys (Sheffield and Rotherham Wargames Society, I think).
 Their teddy bear western games look great fun, if nothing else the minis and the terrain are excellent.

Dragon Rampant by the East Leeds Militaria.  I play this in 15mm, their 28mm game looked splendid.

Witch racing anyone?  I would have happily tried this, but I think I got there at lunch time.

Purchase-wise it was a slow day for me; just a couple of packs of Reaper Bones, a pot of paint and some clear bases from Sally 4th.  Usefully, the proprietor of Sally 4th is experimenting with ways of multi basing for clear bases; very useful for Warpath.
We also several boxes of the new Dr Who miniatures game from Warlord.  There were Judoon, Xygons and a box containing the 10th Doctor with four companions (seriously, Wilf?).  Nice, if a bit spindly to my eyes.  No rules though, so I'll wait.
I think there might have been another box of aliens, but I can't remember what.  Also I seem to have lots of tick marks drawn on my arms.

3 comments:

  1. Pudsey is one of my favourite shows too. Always nice to meet up for a cup of tea and a chat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, and to plan our next gaming project.

      Delete
  2. Sad I had to miss it for the first time i years. Naomi didn't get called out in the end, so I theoretically could've gone *shrug*

    I love the 'No Flung Dung' laundry in the western gaming board :D

    ReplyDelete

Wildspire Miniatures Gas Serpent, Imp Hulk, Unholy Knight

Another batch of three different sculpts, and we're nearing the end of the set. Eleven more minis   Gas serpent There are on...