Tuesday 27 December 2022

Merry Christmas 2022

Seasons Greetings to you all.

If you're the sort of person to whom seasonal gift giving and receiving is important, I hope you got some fun hobby and gaming goodies.

I got The Terrain Tutor's book. I think this was Kickstarted (isn't everything?) and I was disappointed to miss it. My wife found a copy for me though and I'm delighted to get it. 

A quick flip through suggests it will be both useful and inspirational, and terrain is one thing I want to improve on next year.

My daughter also got me the following, which she labelled 'The True Account'. 
I look forward to reading an accurate account of the history of the Second Age.

Another great hobby experience was watching my son-in-law assemble and begin to paint his first Mantic army - Basileans.  I'm looking forward to facing them on the field of battle.

Drop a comment about what hobby stuff you got.

4 comments:

  1. I got a fantastic box of Zulu Warriors by Perry Miniatures. As good as the Warlord Games Zulus are, the Perry Zulus are so much better. I'm (almost) all ready now for my 2023 Rorke's Drift project, but have to finish my Mazon Labs mega build first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perry's stuff is always good. How do they look scale wise?

      Delete
  2. Perry's have just a touch smaller proportions, but nothing that'll be really noticeable when there's 'fahsands' of em on a gaming table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Mix and match and they'll be fine. After all, people are of many different sizes and proportions.
      I look forward to seeing them (once Mazon Labs is finished), and you've reminded me, I must get my Orc's Drift project finished.

      Delete