Thursday 20 January 2022

Copplestone Casting 10mm Gondorians

If you've seen the latest battle report from our Fantastic Battles in Middle Earth project, you'll have seen my Gondorians (Men of the City from Copplestone Castings), used by Bodvoc in the game.  I've done two batches of Gondorians, both bought piecemeal from eBay traders, I don't yet have any Heroes or a Warlord to command them, though some are in the post as I type.

As with the orcs, these were originally meant for a 10mm version of GWs War of the Ring.  I painted the first batch back when we were looking at this project, but since WotR10mm died they now work very nicely for Fantastic Battles in Middle Earth.

I tried two slightly different ways of painting them (largely because it was many months between the two painting batches).  In the pictures, the more recent batch don't have any magnetic stuff under the bases (waiting for some to arrive) in case you want to compare them, but I think they all fit in together.

Once the next batch arrive I'll do a step by step guide to painting them in a separate post.  Meanwhile, here's a look at the current collection.

All my Gondorians so far.

Two companies of Spearmen


Two companies of Archers


Two companies of Rangers


They are nice minis to paint (see painting guide) and look good based up for battle.  Although there are only three different codes in the range, plus mixed sets of heroes, both on foot and mounted, there is most of what I need for my Gondor army.  I do have plans to do some converting to make a unit of elite guards, and I already have some nice knights, good for some allies from Dol Amroth.

And if you're wondering how small they are, here's a comparison shot.








2 comments:

  1. They are cracking little figures and your are certainly worthy of Gondor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They paint up pretty easily, although it can get a bit tedious doing loads at once.

      Delete